- The majority of Americans believe that public school teachers should get paid more and be treated with more respect, according to new survey.
- New York City will supply $79 million to CUNY for math, science, technology, and engineering programs to secure qualified job applicants in the growing tech industry.
- Student debt might not be so bad after all. New statistics show bachelor’s degrees lead to 65% higher earnings than those without.
- 81% of the world’s largest family businesses practice philanthropy. Why? Philanthropy expresses core family values and helps engage younger family generations.
- Obama announces creation of My Brother’s Keeper Alliance, a nonprofit organization that aims to uplift black and Hispanic boys from preschool through high school.
- Schools are finding new ways to experiment with social media. New survey shows more than half of colleges and private schools are using social media to help raise money.